Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gustitis' Rules

Throughout the fictional CBS television series NCIS, Leroy Jethro Gibbs periodically reveals his numbered rules to live by . . . his Code. (Gibbs' Rules) Rule #1 is "Never screw over your partner." Rule #2 is "Always wear gloves at a crime scene." Rule #15 is "Always work as a team." There are over fifty rules in all. Rules which he learned over the course of his life as a Marine Corps sniper and NCIS Special Agent.  

In my work as a criminal defense attorney I - like Gibbs - have developed a set of rules . . . my Code. Rule #1 is "Always keep your promises." Rule #6 is "Read everything in the file." Rule #22 is "Wear a suit."  I've got over 40 rules to live by.  My rules have come from my life in the legal profession, but extend further into everyday life and character development, as well. In the coming weeks I'll be posting Gustitis' Rules, my Code, here on my blog. Stay tuned.

No comments: